Saturday, September 24, 2011

God is so GOOD!!

The most important things in life - our marriage and our babies!

I usually don't write much on my blog because I know my followers don't really want to read my writing but they want to see pictures of my beautiful babies but tonight is different. Those close to Justin and I know we have went through a huge valley in out marriage this summer. Life seemed to just catch up to us. Justin and I had become too busy and focused on our own ambitions in life and not serving each other that our marriage began to crumble right before our eyes. The devil saw weakness and moved right on in. When I left for Somerset this summer we both knew things had to change. We both spent the summer focusing on ourselves, rededicating our lives to the Lord and fixing the root of our problems instead of just putting a band-aid on our problems. When I came back in August we were better but we knew God had more for us. We began to go to counseling and God lead us to the church of our dreams. The last five months have been hard - very hard but great in the same realm. We still have a long way to go but I can honestly write that I am the happiest I have been in years possibly the happiest I have been in my adult life. God spared our marriage by showing each of us what life would be without each other. I know more than ever that I don't want to live my life not married to Justin Dungan. Justin has shown me that I am more important than anyone or anything in his life. God is changing Justin's heart and he is molding me to become the women, wife, and mother he has called me to be. As we continue to grow in the Lord and our marriage I will update my blog on our situation. I am so excited to see what all is in store for us and our family. Our marriage is a work in progress and I never want to forget that again. I want to work daily on honoring God and honoring my husband.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your story. Those in my immediate family are struggling with some of these same issues and I wish I could share this with them. It may be too soon for them right now, but thank you for sharing and being honest and open! I will definitely keep the 2 of you in my thoughts and prayers! Thank you for being a shining example for those that may be struggling with some of these very same things...an example of the importance of keeping together what God has joined! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan,
    Thank you so much for sharing. Marriage is hard and as wonderful as babies are, they just make it harder! If Jason and I weren't both growing in our relationship with Christ, I can't imagine how we'd find the strength and time to love each other. I am so happy that God was with you both and grateful that you're using your experience to bless others.
    Where is your new church? (it's always great to know which ones are good, in case we have friends/family searching).
    Love,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete