On another note - Hannah is staying around for a while, YAY!! I hope until our kids are grown but she assures me that she would like to get married and have kids of her own one day :) We love having her here and she is such a big help. I tell her all the time every mom needs a "Hannah". The first part of the year is Justin's busy time at the office so I will be working more for him - like 3 days a week until March so Hannah is going to watch the babies on Tuesday's and Monday and Wed. afternoons. It works out perfect for everyone.
Thursday, January 5, 2012
Welcome 2012!!!!
We spent New Year's in Kentucky with my parents and my in laws. It was so relaxing hanging out, eating pizza and playing with the babies (we are kind of boring like that) I have to admit that I have never welcomed a new year like I welcome 2012. Even though 2011 was great because baby Jhett was born it was by far the hardest year for Justin and I and Ocean Eye. We are welcoming 2012 with open arms and embracing everything it has to offer. One big thing we are looking forward to is our vision coming together for a small group. Justin and I are starting a small group at Journey based on a word/vision we received from God. Through our struggles this past year we have learned many things but of one the main lesson we learned was how to be real with each other and others around us. I think one of my issues was - I did not feel comfortable telling Justin all my feelings and frustrations. I follow several blogs and even looking on facebook I only saw perfect lives and I felt lost that no one was like me or would understand what we are going through. I learned as I opened up to people and shared my story, well our story, families were inspired and wanted to here more about what God has doing in our lives. God has giving me a heart for moms that are hurting and families that need Gods guidance. That is our focus for this group - we will have families tell their testimonies of how God has changed them or helped them in hard situations. This group is all about being real and inspiring others to become better moms, dads, husbands, wives, and Christians.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment